This website is owned and operated by a private company - - Free Grant Money, Free Housing Grants, Free Personal Grants

Biomass Research & Development Initiative

Post Date

October 16th 2007

Application Due Date

November 16th 2007

The close date for this solicitation is 11/16/2007 at 8 p.m. EST.

Funding Opportunity Number


CFDA Number(s)


Funding Instrument Type(s)


Funding Activity Categories

Science and Technology and other Research and Development

Number of Awards


Eligibility Categories

Public and State Controlled Institutions of Higher Education
Non-Profits With 501 (c) (3) Status With The IRS (Except Higher Education Institutions)
Non-Profits Without 501 (c) (3) Status With The IRS (Except Higher Education Institutions)
Private Institutions of Higher Education
For-Profit Organizations (Except Small Businesses)
Small Businesses

National Labortories (as defined in 42U.S.C. 15801); Federal Research Agencies and State Research Agencies; Consortia of two or more eligible entities.


  • Estimated Total Funding:


  • Award Range:

    $None - $1000000

Grant Description

THIS SOLICITATION IS BY INVITATION ONLY. The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) jointly solicit applications for financial assistance addressing research and development of biomass based products, bioenergy, biofuels and related processes. This joint USDA/DOE solicitation for FY07 reflects the technical areas identified in the Biomass Research and Development Act of 2000 as amended by the Energy Policy Act of 2005. These technical areas will assist DOE and USDA in developing and maintaining a balanced portfolio of activities under the Federal Government’s Biomass program to effectively advance cost effective utilization of biomass for the production of biobased fuels and products. FOR FULL APPLICATIONS, PROJECT DURATION CAN BE UP TO 3-YEARS.

Contact Information

Grant checklist

Get A Free Grant Assistance KitRed triangle

To start your application for a free grant package go to:

Apply For Government Grant